Apple Cider Doughnut Cake
Apple Cider Doughnut Bundt Cake
Write a review
- 1 Large Apple ; peeled ; cored and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 C. unsalted room temperature butter
- 3/4 C. sugar
- 1/2 C. packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 1/4 C. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
For the sugar topping
- 6 T. sugar
- 1tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 Nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a bundt with butter spray.
- In a saucepan, bring chopped apples and cider to boil over medium heat and simmer until apples are fork tender.
- About 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from stove and cool for a few minutes
- Now put in a food processor or blender until pureed.
- Measure 1 cup apple mix and stir in milk.Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter, sugar and brown sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing until incorporated in the batter.
- Add the flour mixture and apple & milk mixture alternating in 3 additions.
- Scrape the bowl as needed.
- Add the vanilla, and mix until just combined.
- Scrape batter into prepared bundt.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Place the cake in its pan on a cooling rack for 10 minutes
- Remove the cake and leave on the rack for at least 30 minutes ;
For The Cinnamon Sugar Coating
- Combine the sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Sprinkle the warm cake with mixture.
- This is a delicious cake, any time of year.
- Apples are always available, no need to keep this recipe hidden away just for the fall!
- Everyone loves when I bring this cake to a party.
- I hope you have a less difficult Bundt pan then I do.
- I have to say a few prayers before I unmold this sucker, there are just way too many nooks and crannies.But I do love my hearts.
That Windy City Girl https://www.thatwindycitygirl.com/