Apple Fritter Loaf
Granny Smith Apple Fritter loaf with delicious cinnamon streusel throughout!
Write a review
- 2 Granny Smith Apples (peeled, cored and diced) mixed with 2 tsp. white sugar and 1 tsp. cinnamon. Set Aside.
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2/3 C. sugar
- 1/4 C. brown sugar
- 1/2 C. butter (room temperature)
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 Eggs
- 1 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 C. Flour
- 1/2 C. milk
- 1/2 C. confectioner's sugar
- 2-3 tsp. of milk depending on the desired thickness of glaze
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- Beat sugar and butter together using mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, until blended in
- Add vanilla.
- Combine & whisk flour and baking powder together in another bowl.
- Add into creamed butter mixture and mix until blended.
- Mix milk into batter until smooth.
- Pour half the batter into the prepared loaf pan
- Add half the apple mixture, then half the brown sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Lightly pat apple mixture into batter.
- Pour the remaining batter over apple layer and top with remaining apple mixture, then the remaining brown sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Lightly pat apples into batter; swirl brown sugar mixture through apples using knife or spoon.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean, approximately 60 minutes.
- The center should reach 200 degrees.
- Let rest a half hour and glaze the loaf.
- To make glaze, mix powdered sugar and milk or cream together until well mixed.
- Let cool for about 15 minutes before drizzling with glaze.
That Windy City Girl https://www.thatwindycitygirl.com/