Chicken Pot Pie
Creamy Chicken Pot Pie with Delicious Buttery Crust
Write a review
- 2 1/2 c. all purpose flour
- 3/4 t. salt
- 2 sticks (1 cup) ice cold unsalted butter (cut in cubes)
- 6 tablespoons ice cold water
- 4 t. butter
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 tsp. garlic
- 3 c. frozen organic mixed vegetables
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 2 c. chicken broth
- 1 c. milk ( I used 2%)
- 1/2 c. all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 c. chicken ( I used half of my rotisserie chicken)
- Mix flour and salt in food processor.
- Add butter until course crumb forms.
- Gradually blend in water 1 tablespoon at a time until a ball forms.
- You may not need all 6 tablespoons.
- Wrap ball in saran wrap and place in the refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight.
- Melt butter, sauté onion until translucent, then add garlic and cook until translucent.
- Add frozen vegetables continue to sauté, add salt, pepper and poultry seasoning.
- When vegetable are tender add flour.
- Cook 1 minute.
- Add chicken stock, stirring constantly so there are no lumps.
- Add in your milk and cook until it is thick.
- Stir in your chicken.
- Season to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Pour the filling in to your pie pan.
- Flour your work space and roll out the chilled dough.
- You can either completely cover the top or cut out long strips and make a lattice design.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until bubbly and the crust is golden brown!
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- If you don't want to make a homemade crust, try a store bought crust. You can make the filling in advance and refrigerate for added convenience.
That Windy City Girl https://www.thatwindycitygirl.com/