Hearty White Chicken Chili
This Hearty Chicken and White Bean Chili is a Winner Every time!
Write a review
- 2 T. Olive Oil
- 2 T. Butter
- 1 Medium Onion chopped
- 4 Cloves Garlic minced
- 1 – 15 oz. can Cannellini Beans – rinsed & strained
- 1 – 15 oz. can Great Northern Beans – rinsed & strained (reserve 1/2 for later)
- 1 – 15 oz. can Corn
- 1 – 4 oz. can green chilies chopped
- 1/2 T. Oregano
- 1 T. Cumin
- 1 T. Chili Powder
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Pepper
- 4 C. Chicken Stock
- 6 Chicken Tenderloins cubed
- Sour Cream
- Mexican Blend Shredded Cheese
- Green Onion
- Corn Chips
- Add 2 T. Olive oil to pot over medium to high heat.
- Add in cubed chicken, sprinkle generously with cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Cook chicken until you no longer see any pink. (The chicken will continue to cook in the chili)
- Remove the chicken and place on the side.
- Add 2 T. butter in the same pot.
- Cook onion and 1/4 tsp. salt for a few minutes until translucent.
- Add minced garlic.
- Cook 1-2 more minutes.
- Add cumin, paprika, chili powder and oregano, cook 1 minute.
- Add corn, green chilies, great northern beans and all but 1/2 cup of your Cannellini beans.
- We will use them, so put them aside for later!
- Pour in 4 cups of Chicken broth.
- Simmer for a half hour.
- Do not bring the pot to a boil, you don’t want to make the chicken tough.
- At this point taste the chili and season to taste.
- Take the 1/2 cup of reserved beans and remove a ladle of broth from your chili and blend so that you have a paste.
- This is how you are going to thicken the chili.
- While the chili is simmering, add the bean paste slowly into the pot until you reach the desired thickness.
- This would be a great option for vegetarians as well. Instead of chicken stock add vegetable stock and skip the chicken! Garnish with whatever your favorites are. Enjoy!
That Windy City Girl https://www.thatwindycitygirl.com/