Southwest Egg Roll Recipe with Avocado Cream dipping sauce
Southwest Egg Roll Recipe with Avocado cream dipping sauce. I love Tex Mex rolls from Cheesecake Factory. This is a version I tried at home. It is close!
Write a review
- 1 Package egg roll wrappers
- 1 T. Olive Oil
- 1 onion finely diced
- 1/2 red pepper finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced or use rasp
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 C. corn
- 1 can (15 oz.) Black beans, rinsed
- 1/4 C. frozen, thawed, spinach
- 3 T. cilantro
- 2 C. Monterey Jack shredded cheese
- 6 Chicken Tenders Thawed cut in to small cubes
- 1 T. Olive Oil
- salt & pepper liberally
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Place cubed chicken in hot oil and cook chicken for 3-5 minutes. You don't want to over cook it. It will cook fast.
- 1 Avocado
- 1 T. Ranch
- 1 T. Sour Cream
- Blend together until creamy. Adjust to your taste.
- Place olive oil in large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and red pepper.
- Cook until translucent about 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic, chili powder, cumin and cook another 2 minutes.
- Add in corn, black beans and spinach.
- If you are vegetarian stop at this point.
- If you are going to make them chicken add the chicken in to the mixture.
- Combine everything well. Remove from heat and add cilantro.
- Season to taste.
- Allow filling to cool for approximately 30 minutes.
- Once cooled add cheese to the mix in a large bowl and toss together.
- Using about 2 T. of filling at a time, roll the filling in your wonton wrappers.
- Use water to seal the edges so they do not open when they are fried.
- See instructions on package.
- Have a large pan ready lined with paper towels to soak up any oil.
- In a dutch pan, heat enough oil to fry the egg rolls to 350 degrees.
- Fry in small batches.
- IMPORTANT TO PLACE THE EGG ROLL AWAY FROM YOU IN THE OIL.
- Fry until golden brown.
- Then place in prepared lined pan to cool.
- Cut rolls diagonally for the best presentation and serve with avocado cream dipping sauce. You can make these in advance and put them in the oven to warm them up when you are ready to serve.
That Windy City Girl https://www.thatwindycitygirl.com/