Spanakorizo (Greek spinach with Rice)
Write a review
- 3 T. oil
- 3 bags of Spinach (9 0z.) each
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1/2 c. white or brown rice
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- Heat oil in dutch oven.
- Sautee onion until translucent.
- Add rice.
- Sautee with onion for 1-2 minutes.
- Rinse spinach.
- Add spinach to the pot.
- Let it wilt down.
- Add tomato sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover for 15 minutes or until rice is done.
- Great dish for a vegetarian or a side dish. You can add more rice if you want to make it a heartier dish.
That Windy City Girl https://www.thatwindycitygirl.com/