Tuscan Herb Chicken with Broccoli
Write a review
- 4 Cups dry Orecchiette
- 1 head of broccoli cut up * or *
- 1 bag of frozen broccoli
- 2 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes (depends on how much heat you like)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breasts cut in strips
- 2 T. olive oil
- 1 C. 2% milk (you could use heavy cream)
- 2 T. butter
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 T. cornstarch
- 1 T. chicken bouillon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 T. grated parmesan cheese
- Combine herbs in a dish to coat chicken.
- Rub the chicken to completely cover.
- Brown chicken in olive oil.
- It doesn't need to be cooked through. It will cook in sauce.
- Set aside.
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water with a liberal amount of salt.
- When pasta is 'al dente', remove pasta and boil broccoli in pasta water.
- When broccoli is tender but also 'al dente' drain.
- Leave broccoli in the pot and add the pasta back in.
- Stir butter and garlic in a sauté pan.
- Cook until garlic becomes fragrant, do not burn.
- Add milk, chicken bouillon, cornstarch on medium heat whisking constantly.
- The sauce will thicken.
- Add the sauce to the pot with the chicken and pasta.
- Simmer until the chicken is done.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with grated parmesan cheese.
- Bon Appetite.
- If you don't think you have enough sauce you can always add chicken stock. I like a lot of sauce for this dish, so I usually add it. If you need to thicken the sauce again just make a slurry of 1 T. cornstarch and 1 oz. of cold water. Stir together, then put in the sauce and bring back to a boil.
That Windy City Girl https://www.thatwindycitygirl.com/